Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Babysitter" of the year

This past weekend I stayed with my friend (and youth group member), Zoe, while her parents went away to visit family in Tennessee. I went to her house straight form work on Friday. When I got there, Zoe had grilled some chicken and made a delicious salad. Then she gave me a foot bath and scrub. Talk about being pampered! This is the kind of "babysitting" I can really get into! Ha!


I already shared about how we went to the fair on Saturday in my last post. On Sunday, Zoe got up early to go play on the worship team and I met up with her at church for the second service.


After church we decided to go for a walk to enjoy the beautiful fall day. We took Charlie (Zoe's ADORABLE black lab) and walked down the road to the railroad tracks.

New Hampshire is so pretty in the fall.

Zoe's road.

After our walk, we dragged lounge chairs into the sun. Zoe did homework while I read a novel. It was nice being away from home for the weekend because I took the time to just relax rather than working on all of the little projects I have to do at home.


I don't know what's up with my left eye. It doesn't want to open. Weird.


That night we had small group at the Dundore's, and when we got home decided to get pizza and watch a movie.

SO GOOD!

The next day was Columbus Day so Zoe didn't have school, but I had to go to work. To say that I was jealous would be an understatement. :) I managed to leave about an hour early and booked it "home." We managed to squeeze in a hike up a pretty easy trail near Zoe's house.

Before the hike- with Charlie.
(Please ignore my stumpy legs...they look all deformed...not sure what's up with that.)

At the top. What a gorgeous view!

Charlie was having a good time, too. Doesn't he look thrilled!?


(I cannot even begin to tell you how proud of myself I am for these collages. haha.)
We had a lot of fun.

After we got home, we at left over pizza from Sunday night and watched a little bit more of a movie. At one point we had this conversation:

Me: "Zoe, what time is it!?!"

Zoe: "Um... 7:58."

Me: "Oh my."

Yeah, I'm a grandma. Needless to say, bedtime was around 9:30 that night, which is the earliest I've gone to bed in years.

Monday morning we both had to get up and go for the day, which took the sting off of going to work a little bit. :)

Ready for school and work.

That night when we got home we decided we wanted a good dinner since it was our last night. So we headed down here:

And picked up maple bourbon and teriyaki steak tips and some scrumptious desserts.

Zoe contemplating her dessert choices.

We got home, grilled up the steaks, made some salad, and dinner was ready to go!


(Disclaimer: I really do have other clothes...and I wash this sweatshirt a lot! This was the sweatshirt I packed for the weekend and changed into IMMEDIATELY when I got home from church/work/etc. It shows up a lot over the last few posts.)


Peanut butter crunch bars. I'm sure these things have about 10,000 calories each, but it was our last night, so it was fine. And, we only ate half. Ha!

Then we spent the rest of the evening doing this:
Zoe playing the piano and singing and me, sitting on the comfy chair and listening.

I had such a great long weekend with Zoe and hope that her parents go out of town again soon so we can do it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! We had such a good time