Saturday, October 9, 2010

Two for One

Here I go again attempting to resurrect the blog. So I decided to recap the past two weekends.

Last weekend I had one of the youth group girls, Jayme, over to make Whoopie Pies to send to Winona who had the gall to leave New Hampshire and go to college in New York. Jayme and I had a great time talking and laughing and cooking and creating.


Jayme discovered a hole in the bag of powdered sugar.


And I made the icing.


The final product. Yummmmm.


Today Zoe, Chris, Lance and I decided to go to the Sandwich Fair. It was a beautiful and chilly (high of 55) fall day in New Hampshire. We went on some swinging ride that spins you around and tips you upside down. It was SO fun and my lungs got quite a workout from screaming. Then Zoe and I went on a hang gliding ride.
Next we were off to eat. After corn dogs, hamburgers, and french fries, we made our way over to check out the cows, sheep, goats, chickens, and rabbits.
Then we found these guys...
Chip, Chris and Zoe
I told them to look at me...apparently Chris missed the memo. We had been talking to Chip's brother, Dale, for quite some time but when we took these pictures Dale was out pulling a sled through an obstacle course in some sort of maneuvering competition. These oxen were such gentle giants and really cute.

After hanging with the animals it was time for more nourishment (or empty calories...)

By this time we had seen what we came to see, ridden what we came to ride, and eaten what we came to eat, so we walked back to our car parked down the road in a field. We tried to put my camera on my car and take a picture of ourselves, but it was windy and the wind kept blowing the camera over, so this is what we got...

My finger, my car, Zoe and Lance and Chris in the background.

And...
...a blurry picture of Chris, Lance and Zoe.

So we decided to just hold the camera and we got this:
A lovely shot of me (what is up with my arm?), Zoe, Lance, Chris, the mountains and a motor home that was one of the only vehicles left in the parking field. Nice.
It was a really fun day. I am now back at Zoe's and we are snuggled up in the house watching a movie. The weekend is off to a great start!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Erin, I am so glad to know that you read my blog and commented saying so!! It looks so nice where you are, and definitely looks cooler there than here. Love your pics from the weekend, I loved having youth girls over at my house! Those whoopie pies look yummy!! I love the scenery in the pics, looks beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I love your blog and I especially like the picture of us with our funnel cakes!!!